It seems as though we skipped Spring and we're heading right into Summer!
Are you getting ready for a summer vacation, please stay alert on the road!
Sleep deprivation or fatigue is equal to a .08 alcohol level.
From 2009 - 2012, there's been an increase in fatal crashes involving large trucks.
The only way to protect yourself is to be overly aware while on the road and
learning a few defensive driving tactics to keep you safe.
Some things to be on the lookout for:
- Turning with a wide radius.
- Straddling the center of the road or lane marker
- Almost striking an object or other vehicle.
- Weaving or zigzagging across the road.
- Driving on other than a designated roadway.
- Swerving or abruptly turning away from a generally straight course.
- Turning abruptly or illegally.
- Driving slower than 10 mph below speed limit.
- Stopping without cause in a traffic lane.
- Stopping inappropriately (other than in lane).
- Drifting or moving in a straight-line at a slight angle to the roadway.
- Erratic braking.
- Driving into opposing or crossing traffic.
- Signaling that is inconsistent with driving actions.
- Slow response to traffic signals (sudden stop, delayed start).
George's Custom Towing
Serving Harford, Cecil and York County
for over 30 years
Keep your family safe while traveling this summer